Followers

July 23, 2010

BP8_Edublogs



Since I've been enrolled in Education Media Design & Technology at Full Sail University, I've discovered and explored a long list of great Web 2.0 tools. I've learned from my instructors and peers many ways to enhance teaching, training or instruction through technology. I've really taken an interest in blogging and video blogging and have incorporated it into my curriculums. 

I encourage blogging in the classroom and other programs to allow all students to actively participate in contributing to a group project. I want the blogs to be the student’s brainchild. It will become something that they come in wanting to do and something they can be proud of.

The Web 2.0 tool I plan to use for my students is Edublogs. Edublogs is a free blogging site that allows teachers and other professionals to set up blogging sites that can be controlled. I no longer have to think about the unfiltered blogging communities that exist because this tool is strictly for educators, students and professionals. Edublogs is safe and reliable with its privacy setting and options and student friendly with its user interface. The advantage of this tool is the exploration of other school blogs to get ideas and discover how well other students respond to blogging. I plan to allow my students to check out other schools blogs for ideas. I eventually want to link some communication between distant students with my students through blogging. I also think blog collaboration would be a cool idea as well.

Edublogs allows educators to incorporate blogging into teaching and instruction. It offers features such as posting pictures, video and other media and can be used for a number of activities and/or assignments. Overall, Edublogs is a great blogging site that’s designed specifically for education.

2 comments:

  1. Kiylise,
    At looked at this particular tool myself. I would also love to incorporate blogging into my classes this year. It is very important that you use a site that is safe for the students. That is something that I had to and have to research carefully. My parents are known to ask a billion questions (as they should) when it comes to new ideas/projects. They specifically weary of technology. Most of them have not taken the opportunity to explore, and do not encourage their children to either. They are not as privileged as we are to be introduced to many tools, and shown the benefits they can provide not only in the classroom, but for personal uses as well. Good pick, and best of luck.

    What grade do you teach? I am getting together partners for distance learning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for finding a blog site that is user friendly to students. My biggest concern is being able to put kids on the internet without the social predators that are out there. It is also an advantage of being able to access the blogs of other schools. This will give the students the opportunity to see that there life outside of there school district and share with other cultures.

    ReplyDelete